In my previous post about making honigdesign’s Garden Party Dress, I mentioned that I might want to try making a sleeveless version. Well, it didn’t take very long, and I think I like this one even more than the first:
I made the same adjustments as I mentioned making in the first version (lengthening the skirt, adding pockets, fully lining the bodice and skirt). I also changed the neckline and re-sloped the shoulders a bit. The most major change was to alter the one biggish bust dart to be two smaller darts. This was mostly guesswork on my part and frankly I was amazed that it turned out as well as it did.
I wore the dress today to school and got many a compliment from my kind colleagues.